Saturday, September 1, 2012

Tiles Turned Into Coasters

Hello,
I know, I'm not going to say anything except hello.
On the net at the moment I have seen a lot of decorated tiles and have been wanting to try them myself.  With Father's Day coming up I decided to give it a go, and I love it.  They are so easy to make, you have to try it.  I have used retired dsp and the next couple of projects are the same.  I am trying, still, to use up my stash!
I thought this was very appropriate paper for my Dad and Mum, not too flowery for Dad and not too masculine for Mum.
To make the tiles I cut out my dsp making sure I left a slight border so you could see the terracotta tile background.  Using mod podge coat the tile and place on dsp, coat with mod podge over the paper and allow up to 15mins to dry.  Add three to four coats of sealer to protect the tile.  And that is how easy they are to make.  I also just watched a video on u-tube where the demonstrator used crystal effects to seal the tile.  I haven't tried that so I am not sure how that would go with the hot cups or watery cold ones.  So have a go and have a few on hand for those presents that you need to grab without notice!!  Yes, that happens to me a lot!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment