Sunday, February 26, 2012

How About A Little Chickie For Easter

Hello,
Another overcast but great day today, life can just be so exciting sometimes where you are just so happy to be alive, not that I am always, just some days make you feel like that more than others.  Maybe it has to do with people that you have come into contact with during the day.  I was talking to a very pregnant friend who took two small children to Chili to live, not knowing anyone, just for the adventure.  It was all very exciting talking to her about it, not that I could do it, but never the less it was all very exciting.
So on to my project for the day which is a box with a punch art chicken, which is quite sweet.  The chicken is cased from bommoutford, will have to find it again because I just tried to get you a link and can not find that name at all!!  Truly some days!!!!!!!!!!!  You have no idea how organised I try to be and write down all the names etc to then lose them.  Actually one of the reasons why I like to give some simple directions for everything I make is that; I have gone to links from the blog and they have closed down so I miss out on getting instructions for something that looked so cool.  Anyway, let me just show you the box from chic n' scratch (she has video on bunny box, which is what I used)
 The front of the box
 How cute is the back of this box, love it, lol
 The person I cased the chicken from actually had a mint pattie (we don't have them in Australia and so far I have only seen them on blogs in the US), but any small chocolate would be good.
And a close up of my little guy.
Box first:
2 pices 7" x 5 1/2"  scored 2" on three sides, remembering to keep the length in the box or you could have a squat one!   This is where you will need to go over to Angie's blog or just make the box the way you want as she cuts out bits and pieces and adheres them together.
dsp 3 1/4" x 2 3/4", I also cut so saffron 1/4" bigger as I think it needed that behind it.
Stamp set:  Everybunny
Card:  Very vanilla, dsp - soft subtles, pumpkin pie, basic black and whisper white
Ink:  Summer sun
Acc:  Bright brads
Tools:  1 3/4" scallop circle, sml oval, 3/4" circle and heart to heart punches
Now for some directions for the chick:
Oval punch -Hand cut shape from oval for the beak.
Scallop circle punch -Take orange scallop and cut into middle, then cut off two pieces with 3 scallops in them, these are the feet.  Round off the corners with the corner rounder or by putting it into the circle punch, having the punch facing you.
3/4" circle punch -Sponge 3/4" orange and cut off small piece and attach to bottom of beak
Heart to Heart punch - Use the small full heart (black) cut in half for the eyes and add white gel pen now
Scallop circle punch - Yellow - cut into the circle forming the hair and glue to the back of the face
1 3/4" Yellow circle punch - Face and now you can start adding the bits and pieces to.  Also have another cut out for the back which you will need to add more feet to and a tail, hehehe
That is it, thanks for stopping by..........
ps sorry I just went on u-tube again to try and find the chicken, I will keep looking!

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh, Theresa, this darling! I LOVE it ... especially the back of the box! Cute, cute, my friend!

    ReplyDelete