Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Album Gifts

Hi all,
Yes I know, silly season started early for me and I have now lost my energy to do anything, not lost my mojo just energy.  But I did stay up the other night making this album so I would have something to post.
I made three different albums, 1 is full size and the other two are half size as I cut the wrong way and couldn't make it work unless I made them with less pages, which is what I have done and think they will make a lovely present anyway.  I have seen these on a lot of the American blogs, as they made this book on their incentive cruise.  This one I got from Lynn Pratt off her blog Stamp-n-Design.
Take a 12" x 12" and score at 2", 6" and 10", turn and
                                   score at 3 ", 6" and 9".
When you are holding your 12" x 12" make sure the two small squares are at top and bottom and cut through the middle of the page (from the right side) to the last score line - you are cutting in between the rectangle boxes (which are all int he middle of the page).  I actually cut the other way which is why I had to cut the pieces apart and make two small books.
Fold up the 2" sections all the way across, these are the pockets that will hold the pages with writing or photos on.
Fold in half on the center score line and accordion fold the two ends into the middle to make your book.
Tape the back of the two middle pages together.
4" x 4" dsp to cover spine of the book
3 3/4" x 2 1/2" card for the inside pages of the book (8 of them unless you make small ones like me!!)
3 1/2" x 2 1/2" card for the front cover that gets attached to the belly band.
Now decorate - if you need a tutorial, just let me know.

The normal size book with all the pages




And the two half books - love them, love them, love them.  I love mini albums, I just need to get back into making them and taking photos!
Stamp set:  Winter post/ Seasons of joy
Card:  Very vanilla, handsome hunter (retired), chocolate ship, riding hood red, pink pirouette and dsp - letters to Santa
Ink:  Chocolate chip, marina mist, early espresso
Acc:  Pearls, I wanted to add the mist but I can't find where I put it!!!
Oh I forgot to mention the belly bands
1" x 8 1/2" dsp or card wrapped around.
thanks for dropping by.......

No comments:

Post a Comment