Monday, September 26, 2011

Flower Seed Tutorial - Halloween Style

Evening everyone,
I'm doing a class tonight over at Crafters Anonymous but thought I would write this tutorial before I start.  I made this quite a while ago and put it on our demonstrator site and someone asked me for the instructions so I thought I would make this up, as it is so quick and easy and a great little gift to give someone special, even on Halloween!  Mine is going to my Mum. 
I do have to warn you, I use sticky strip all the time even for my 3D and sometimes it does come undone.  You will have to use red tape for the pockets to keep them down unless you want to use brads, ribbon etc.
So this is what we are making:
somewhere to put seeds and a little card...

First we need:
Elegant eggplant  9" x 4 1/8"   scored in half at 4 1/2"
Pumpkin pie  4 1/4" x 3 7/8"
Basic black  4" x 3 5/8"
2 times elegant eggplant   2" x 4 1/8"
2 times dsp   1 1/2" x 4 1/8"
Old olive tab  4" x 1 1/2"
1" circle in pumpkin pie
3 owls in whisper white
basic black circles from the 2 step owl punch for eyes
8" x 4" Old olive for card and scraps for decorating
Firstly I punched the dsp for the pockets and then put it aside
Next I cut off the feet and stuck the eyes to the ghosts and put aside
Sorry, forgot to mention the ribbon and I don't know how much I used but enough to wrap around and tie a bow.  Use your corner rounder for the two matting pieces and stick on the elegant eggplant.  Also I sponged all the edges so now would be a good time.
Punch a hole with the slot punch or a circle will be fine, this is for the ribbon to go through, from the back of the card.
Adhere the tag to the back of the card placing the ribbon through first, as part of it will be stuck down.
Bit blurry, sorry.  Attach the circle to the front of the tag, ready to punch hole through.
Punch hole through with 1/2" circle or 3/4" circle (which is what I used)
Place on your ghosts and I also hand cut a BOO as I don't have the dies's yet, not the best, but they do the job.
Like I said, use your sticky strip on the bottom and top edge to hold pockets down, (unless you want to do something different)
Adhere pockets down and add dsp.  As you can see I popped in a packet of seeds.  I am also going to make some spiders, as I thought the card needed something more!!!  I used 3/4" circle punch and after punching out scallop square, I then cut slithers off the card to create the legs.
Sorry, it might seem like I am all over the place, but this is actually how I made the whole thing.  So now I made my card with the old olive and a piece of 3 6/8" x 3 6/8" pce of elegant eggplant for matting and another ghost and my first BOO.  I didn't like this one with the writing on, I did actually cut it out without the writing but wanted it to stand out more.  It just didn't look good enough though!!
Made my spiders and placed them on the flower pocket card and my little note card.  I put a bit of sticky strip behind the circle punch and attached the feet as they were.  I then used the whisper white and basic black eyes from the 2 step owl punch (everyone needs one of those owl punches, well I certainly do)
Our flower seed pocket all done with everything tucked away neatly inside.  Needs the spider doesn't it!
This is to show you the one I had done earlier.  How cute a present is that!!!
I hope you enjoyed and make one, so much fun.....

No comments:

Post a Comment