Saturday, July 23, 2011

My First Un-Cased Album

Helloooooooo,
  Yes I am still here.  So sorry, it has been such a busy week and I haven't managed to post.  I have been missing my blogging so much and need a craft fix badly.  Might have to try and put some time aside tomorrow to craft.
  My parents have been married 50yrs on the 11th, November, 2011 at 11am.  How amazing is that!! So we are having a big family get together that one of my brothers is organising, which is so sweet.  And of course, being a crafty person, my brother asked me if I would organise something to hold a message from us all.  Of course I would love to......  So this is what I have come up with, quite proud of myself.
This is the cover of my book, my Mum loves pink and my Dad goes along with whatever my Mum likes.
I love this stamp set and finally got it, love it, love it, love it.  Great stamps for scrapbooking and I know I need to get back into that.
My spine.  I decided to use brads with some dsp on the inside hiding the pins.  Tossed up lots of ideas but I love brads.
The back, but this could change.  I still need to get notes and photo's so who knows what could end up happening here!
My first page, I will be using the chocolate as well to put a note in and then a picture or saying on the pink depending on what I get from my siblings.
Thought I would just show you the double pink page as well, this will change also depending on what I get.  All the pages have one side that has a pocket so the notes can go inside.
 A picture just showing you the heart punch that I am so glad I got, have used it quite a bit lately.
Still the same colour, just the camera on a different angle.  Just showing you my first bit of sewing in absolute ages.  I sewed all the tops of the pockets down, I was thinking it would be a nice touch!
This is the inside spine, thought I would show you, even though I could have done a little better.
   So that is my very first uncased album.  I wish I could show you what it would look like after pictures and notes but I think this is going to be a crammed job at the last minute!
Stamp set:  Word Play
Card:  Chocolate chip, pretty in pink and dsp - subtles
Ink:  Chocolate chip and pretty in pink
Acc:  Brads, flower brads, embroidery thread, chocolate chip ribbon and pretty in pink ribbon
Tools:  Paper piercer and mat, crop-a-dial, heart border punch
Have a lovely evening.........

3 comments:

  1. Great album...your parents will love it, and more so that you will all have put your fav photo's and thoughts in it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is awesome Theresa. It is going to look fabulous when you get some pics and notes etc in it. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful memento for their 50th. Well done.

    ReplyDelete