Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mother's Day Purse

Hi everyone,
  Wasn't going to post today but I needed to get the last of my collapsible bags up (ready for Mother's Day).  And then for the rest of the week finish off with Easter, yeah!
  I cased this bag from Toni Sacrison but I just checked out her blog and it is all different since I printed the instructions so I don't know if you are going to be lucky enough to get it from there.  I did notice that she has put instructions and a template on Splitcoast Stampers (love that site).
You have to see this in person, so much prettier, you just have to make one.  My first was the best and I made two after that and kept doing the same mistake, not that you would know.  You only know when you have done it right the first time (does that make sense or have you just stepped into my world).  So here are another couple of pictures:

Absolutely love how these bags fold out flat.  And the great thing is they have so much room, you can fit so much in them.  You just have to make one.  I am going to write some quick instructions otherwise you know where to find it.
Score 12" x 12" dsp at 41/4" on one side, turn to opposite and score the same amount again.  Turn and score 21/2" on the other two sides.  Fold inward on all score lines.
Tape adhesive to all corners and fold inward, pressing into place, along the top edges.  As per my other bags you need to press the middle score lines to create the bottom of the bag.
Cut two strips of co-ordinating card 2" x 81/2" scoring each one in half.  On both ends score 5/8".  Cut away one corner on both ends.  Punch two 1/4" circles at approx. 11/4" from each end.  Insert ribbon for handles taping each end in place.  Adhere strips to dsp, making sure small flaps are inside and hidden.
Punch two tabs using the round tab punch from same card, taping to the centre of bag.  decorate as desired.
Thanks for stopping by....

No comments:

Post a Comment