Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Valentine gift baskets

Good morning,
  Watching the television about the floods in Brisbane and tears welled up, it is all so sad.  I haven't taken my eyes off the news for the last couple of days and I feel so much for these people.  The hardest part is going to be when the flood goes down and everyone has to start cleaning their houses, and to actually see all they have lost.
  I have a little gift basket for today:


There were no stamp sets used in this basket.
Card:  Riding hood red, dsp - jolly holiday and pink pirouette
Acc:  Riding hood red ribbon, brads
Tools:  Heart to heart extra lge punch, scallop edge punch and paper piercing tool.
  I found this tutorial on cambria Turnbow's site but I will give you a quick rundown as well.
Cut cardstock 5" x 5", score at 1", 11/2" and 31/2".
                                   Other side score at 11/2" and 31/2"
Fold all score lines and cut two slits on one side and then the opposite (two as well)
If using designer paper, cut 11/2" x 2" by 4 and adhere to centre pierces (all four middles..)  Now is the time to trim if you would like to make a shape, like the lge scallop I did for the red box.  When putting the box together you will also need to trim the inside flaps, but I found it easier to do once I had stuck the box together.
Cut handle, 1/2" x 6" and decorate as desired or leave plain.  Using brads attach the handle to inside of box.  Then decorate with ribbon or tags.
Hope the directions were easy enough for you to understand.  Have fun.
Have a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment